We are the National Down Syndrome Congress, known around the world as NDSC. We are the leading national resource of support and information for anyone touched by or seeking to learn about Down syndrome, from the moment of a pre-natal diagnosis through adulthood. NDSC is a member-sustained 501(c)3 organization composed of self-advocates, parents, siblings, grandparents, educators, physicians, therapists, other professionals, friends and supporters. We have members from diverse demographic backgrounds in all 50 states and many countries, all committed to serving individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
Our programs, including our Annual Convention and Self-Advocates network, provide individuals with Down syndrome the opportunities and respect they deserve so they can live the life of their choosing.
We invite and encourage you to become a member of NDSC, where making a choice to get involved can make a difference in the lives of people with Down syndrome and those who love them.
- Benefits of Membership
By joining the NDSC, you gain access to an extensive community of families, self-advocates, and caregivers who face similar daily challenges, with the opportunity to learn from and support each other. Members have access to the newest and most accurate information on Down syndrome from the professional and medical community
By joining, you can make your voice heard on important legislative issues and support an organization that has been making a positive impact on people with Down syndrome locally, nationally, and globally since 1973.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Our print publication, Down Syndrome News, the journal of the NDSC, brings you accurate up-to-date information on Down syndrome four times per year and is the best publication available on Down syndrome.
- Access to the NDSC Center by phone or email, a multi-faceted clearinghouse for information on Down syndrome.
- Representation by our Governmental Affairs Department in Washington, D.C. By joining the NDSC, you become part of an effective advocacy organization that represents your interests. Our voice is heard by the federal government and by agencies and organizations nationwide.
- The privilege to attend the NDSC Annual Convention, the largest in the world, which provides three days of the best and most current information on Down syndrome and related programming.
- Membership is required to register for the convention.
Join with us in the national effort to enhance all aspects of life for persons with Down syndrome.
- More Than 40 Years of Caring and Serving
Often, a family’s first interaction with the NDSC comes from a phone call as a new or expectant parent. This can begin a lifelong relationship with the NDSC, as our programs and resources are available to individuals with Down syndrome and their families at every step of the way. Our services are available in both English and Spanish.