Convention Director Job Description
The Convention Director will be responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of the NDSC’s Annual Convention. Receipt of registrations and money will be handled by the NDSC administrative staff.
- Organize leadership and committees who help run Convention
- Ensure regular communication with supervisor and with Convention Planning Committee (CPC). Develop agenda for CPC calls. Create and manage sub-committees for various sections of the Convention (i.e. International, Kids’ Camp, Volunteers, Y&A, Siblings, Networking, etc.)
- Manage Timeline and Activities for Full Convention
- Create complete operational timeline to track Convention activities through date of Convention throughout year for the current Convention as well as the following year’s Convention.
- Create Program Structure for Convention
- Using prior year evaluations, staff suggestions, and community wide surveys to develop a list of suggested topics and tracks for workshops along with improvements for the overall Convention.
- Develop program for General Conference (deep dive sessions, plenary, and workshop cycles), Youth & Adults (Y&A) Conference, Siblings Conference, Kids’ Camp, Film Festival and Banquet.
- Promote Convention Nationally
- Partner with the Director of Affiliate and Family Engagement to establish and maintain ongoing positive relations with parent groups and other organizations in the host city and around state to promote strengthened relationships with affiliate groups.
- Maintain ongoing positive relations with various partner organizations such as (but not limited to) GLOBAL Down Syndrome Foundation, Autism-Down Syndrome Connection, and the Down Syndrome Medical Interest Group (DS-MIG).
- Design and implement marketing plan to increase attendance (Goal of 5,000 attendees in 2023)
- Manage sponsorship activities for Convention in conjunction with staff (Goal of $300,000)
- Manage Day to Day Activities of Convention
- Recruit and assign all volunteers for Convention in conjunction with Volunteer Coordinator
- Secure and manage all vendors and contracts, included but not limited to: Hotel, AV, exhibit hall.
- Ensure all print and electronic publications are created in a timely fashion
- Manage final evaluation process
- Send written thank you letters to speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, and others, as appropriate
- Manage and Update Convention Budget
- Create monthly updates and reports on revenues and expenses for Convention
- Other tasks as required to create a successful Convention
Location: Work remotely
Start Date: ASAP
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, on-staff position with benefits. Salary range $50,000 – $55,000 based on experience.
About the Organization: The National Down Syndrome Congress (NDSC) is a not-for-profit national organization headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and dedicated to an improved world for individuals with Down syndrome.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to Jordan Kough, NDSC Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.