The 46th Annual NDSC Convention will take place July 12-15, 2018 in Dallas, Texas.
Registration for the 2018 convention will open Monday, April 9, 2018.
- NDSC refund policy:
- Registration fees are non-refundable after refund deadline TBD.
- A $50 processing fee will be deducted from all requests for refund of registration fees prior to the refund deadline.
- Registration is set up for individuals or for families living at the same address.
- Non-family groups should register individually, each with a separate registration.
- NDSC membership is required to register and will be added to your registration if not current.
- Young children do not need to be registered unless they are specifically attending Y&A, B&S or Kids’ Camp.
- REGISTER - 2018 REGISTRATION will open spring 2018
To register for the convention, an account (username and password) must be established within our convention registration system. This is not the same as completing a membership form. If you have not attended the convention previously, you should click on New User? Sign up Here? on the log in page to first establish your account.
- Establishing an account will allow the account holder to leave the registration process before payment is made and return at a later time to complete registration, if necessary.
- Only one account holder is needed per individual or family registration.
- The account holder does not necessarily have to register for the convention, but is responsible for payment.
- One adult must register for the convention in order to register children for Kids’ Camp.
- You may log out at anytime, and the system will save your current selections. You may log back in at a later time to make changes and complete your registration with payment.
- Online registration requires payment by credit card.
- If you wish to use another form of payment, please complete your registration online up to the point you must enter a credit card. Then, please log out and contact the NDSC office for further instructions.
- After making payment, your registration will be complete and you will NOT be able to make any changes yourself.
- After completing registration, you may view your paid registration selections at any time.
- Convention Fees, Schedule and Other Resources
- 2017 Registration Fees 2017 Convention Schedule 2017 Convention Brochure 2017 Workshop Schedule 2017 Workshop Descriptions 2017 Souvenir Journal Messaging
- Conference Workshop Recordings
- About Workshop Recordings
- Each year NDSC records a selection of general convention workshops and plenary sessions.
- Recordings are audio synced to the presenters’ PowerPoint, if one is used.
- Not all workshops are recorded. A list of recorded sessions for each convention year can be found on our website.
- Recordings are hosted for NDSC through by PlaybackNow, Inc.
- Purchasing Access to Recordings
- Recordings are packaged by convention year.
- Fast Pass – Online Access for 12 months – to the 2017 conference recordings are included in 2017 convention registration. One access account for the account holder.
- Season Pass – Online Access for 12 months plus free downloads.
- USB Works – Season Pass plus USB drive of all recordings mailed to your home.
- Purchase a Fast Pass ($129), Season Pass($159) or USB Works ($199) by going to PlaybackNow, Inc.
- Accessing the Recordings
- Recorded Convention Workshops
- About Workshop Recordings
- Educator Conference
On Friday, July 21st, 2017, the NDSC hosted a conference for educators.
Effective Practice for Students with Down Syndrome: Tools for Today’s Classroom
Educators joined the NDSC and world-renowned speakers for this special session for educators working to enhance outcomes for their students with Down syndrome and other intellectual disabilities, as well as autism. This educator-focused conference engaged participants in identifying and implementing strategies applicable to classrooms from kindergarten through 12th grades. Discussions included ways to further include students in the general education classroom through effective literacy interventions, differentiated curriculum, technology, and behavioral practices.
For more details go to Educator’s Conference
- Research & Medical Care Roundtable
RESEARCH & MEDICAL CARE ROUNDTABLE:
What parents, self-advocates & caregivers should know
Co-organized with the NDSC, the Global Down Syndrome Foundation Roundtable hosted a free benefit for registrants of the NDSC Annual Convention and featured renowned scientists and medical professionals.
More information regarding the 2018 Medical Roundtable will be available in the spring of 2018.
Thank you to our convention sponsors!
Club 21 Learning and Resource Center
Dreamers Merchants Coffee Company
Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action
Down Syndrome Association of Memphis and the Mid-south
Down Syndrome Association of Minnesota
Down Syndrome Connection of the Bay Area
Down Syndrome Diagnosis Network
Down Syndrome Information Alliance
Lumind Research Down Syndrome Foundation
National Catholic Board on Full Inclusion
Silicon Valley Down Syndrome Network
Stand Up for Downs
The Brighterside of Down Syndrome of San Joaquin County