The Georgia Down Syndrome Consortium is holding a one-day Learning Summit, designed to meet the needs of parents, siblings, families and caregivers of individuals with Down syndrome across the lifespan.
Join us on Saturday, October 27, at Kennesaw State University’s Academy for Inclusive Learning and Social Growth.
Registration includes conference, materials, lunch and parking.
Learning Summit Sessions
Health & Medical Updates
- Hearing and ENT Issues
- Sleep Disturbances
- Toilet Training & Hygiene
- Congenital Heart Issues – short & long term considerations
Transitions & Long-term Goals
- Long-term Financial Planning
- Transitions for Teens & Adults – Health & Well-being
- Employing Individuals with DS
- Maximizing Independence – Parenting for Independent Living
Resources, Programs & Ongoing Support
- Community Supports, Waivers & Public Systems
- Family Support & Benefits; Georgia Trust
- Programs & Resources for Spanish Speaking Families
- Sibling Panel – Ongoing Support Systems
Technology & More
- Tools For Life
- Inclusive Congregations
- Sports & Recreation
Update on Down syndrome Research