It is through the support of our members, volunteers, and sponsors that we are able to continue to serve individuals with Down syndrome, their families, affiliate organizations, and the medical and educational professionals who have dedicated their lives to the Down syndrome community.
With your financial support, volunteer time, and sharing of your expertise we can continue to provide up-to-date and accurate print and electronic materials, host webinars on a variety of topics throughout the year, continue the work of the NDSC Policy & Advocacy Team in Washington, D.C., provide programs to rural and underserved communities, and host the largest single gathering of the Down syndrome community each year: the NDSC Annual Convention.
How Will You Get Involved?
- Become a Member – As of 2020 NDSC membership is free, and by completing the Member Profile form you will join us in the pursuit of a world with equal rights and opportunities for people with Down syndrome. Your membership allows us to share information about the organization and continue to grow our network of individuals, families, and professionals who will Educate, Advocate, Empower, and Inspire.
- Advocate for the Down Syndrome Community – Join NDAC – The National Down syndrome Advocacy Coalition (NDAC) is a leading grassroots program advocating for the Down syndrome community. NDAC members take action and pave the road to legislative and policy changes that benefit those with Down syndrome. Through regular legislative updates, webinars, the NDAC closed Facebook group, training opportunities, and a meet-up at the annual NDSC Convention NDAC members receive timely information and Action-Alerts on important policy topics so they are always up-to-date and prepared to take action.
- Get Involved – Volunteer – We are always working on projects and programs that need your help. Get involved in community and grassroots advocacy efforts, fundraising projects and events, or even convention planning. All of our Board and Professional Advisory Committee members are volunteers.
- Support NDSC Financially – Although membership is free, we encourage you to make a one-time or recurring donation. It is possible that your employer participates in a program that matches employee charitable contributions which would double your donation. If you are unsure if your employer participates in donation matching we can help or you can see your HR manager for more information.
- Become an Affiliate Program Subscriber – When the NDSC and local organizations present a united front, working together to foster the success of individuals with Down syndrome, we ensure that families receive the best support. As an Affiliate Program subscriber of the NDSC, your organization contributes to the strength of our organization and we contribute to the strength of yours.