Join the NDSC Affiliate Program
When the NDSC and local organizations present a united front, working together to foster the success of individuals with Down syndrome, we ensure that families receive the best support. As an Affiliate Program subscriber of the NDSC, your organization contributes to the strength of our organization. You can view Affiliate Program benefits here: Affiliate Offerings
To become an Affiliate Program subscriber, or renew your subscription, complete the following form.
The following brochures are available at no charge for our Affiliate Program subscribers.
Please contact tamara@NDSCcenter.org to request a shipment!
Download our First Call PowerPoint to assist in training your members to support new and expectant parents.
These six Value Statements, created by our Partnership Alliance and supported by our Board of Directors, capture the intent and energy of the NDSC in relation to our affiliates.
- We believe affiliates play a critical role in offering support, information and resources to the families and individuals with Down syndrome in their communities.
- We believe a strong, educated and committed network of local and regional parent organizations is vital to serving the needs of individuals with Down syndrome and their families.
- We believe that strength comes from the diversity of our participating affiliates and the diversity of the population they serve and will work to fully include and serve all organizations without regard to their size, scope, resources or location.
- We believe we can make significant improvement in the lives of people with Down syndrome by working in concert with our affiliates.
- We believe in the value of collaborating and partnering with organizations that share our goals, to broaden the resources for affiliates and individuals with Down syndrome.
- We believe that understanding the needs and expectations of our affiliates will be an ongoing process that requires consistent communication, open discussions and mutual feedback.
Because we understand the scope and importance of the work you do for families of individuals with Down syndrome, we offer you a wide variety of helpful resources.
The NDSC recognizes the importance of working with our affiliates, and has established the Partnership Alliance.
The Partnership Alliance is composed of 12 individuals. Each is a leader – a board member or executive director of a local or regional organization – and each has shown strong interest in cultivating practical, productive and positive relationships among all organizations that compose our community.
Its purpose is to serve as the critical link between the NDSC and the organizations affiliated with it – to be the voice of the community’s grass roots on issues such as governance of the NDSC, public policy and the development of programs and services needed locally and regionally.
In 2009, acknowledging the importance of the Partnership’s role, the NDSC amended its bylaws to create two board positions to be filled by individuals nominated by the Partnership Alliance.
Partnership Alliance nominations
Any current board member or staff member of an affiliate in good standing is eligible to serve. Each organization affiliated with the NDSC will have a vote in the election of the Partnership Alliance. Elections and representation will be on a regional basis, with two representatives being elected from six geographic regions.